Saturday, June 25, 2011

How To Install FROYOB Hercules V2 on your device

How to install:

A. Download The ROM from previous post.

B. Before install :

   1. Format your SDCARD make 4 Partition with recommended size:

      1st partition: FAT32 (sdcard / Rest)
      2nd partition: EXT2 (system / 300MB )
      3rd partition: EXT2 (data / 300MB)
      4th partition: EXT2 (cache / 300MB)

     Be sure make all 4 partition primary

     If you need help with this here is a video guide: http://www.neopeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=146
 
2. extract and copy folder npkboot to root of sdcard.

C. Install:

   1. run Haret, and wait when it will be asked to press "Volume Down" shortly (!!important!! shortly) to launch
       ClockworkMod Recovery or any other key to usually continue booting into Android.

       Press volume Down and wait for menu Recovery.

   2. In menu recovery choose "install zip from sd-card" choose zip from sdcard and select "FroyoB_Hercules_v2.zip" Confirm installation

   3. after installation finish, Confirm installation then back to main menu (press ok key) and choose: reboot system now or shutdown.

   4. Run HARET again and boot into Android

12 comments:

  1. Hey, great tutorial! But I am getting stuck at the partition place. I am creating three ext2 partitions, all of them 300 mb, and i make them primary and i name them data, cache, and system. Then I make the fat32 partition and name it sd card and i make it the rest of the sd card. i also make it primary. then i click apply. once it's done, i cannot see it in "my computer." then when i erase all the partitions and make it a fat32 partition, i see it in "my computer." am i doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am using htc blackstone/touch hd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Colin, you have to create the fat32 partition first and leave about 900mb free for the other ext2 ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm using diamond with 150mb system , 250mb system , 100mb cache ext2 partion with neofroyo. is it okay using froyoB without changing partion size?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm using touch pro 2 with a 16 gb sdcard, I would like to ask what is the maximum size for that 3 partition of ext2 in order to install the rom successfully ? as I fail to install with 1gb per partition

    ReplyDelete
  6. your rom works great on my TP2 (though calibration turns left-right for the 1st time, then ok after replaced with your previous TS-calibrate file). Thank you. Can you make it work with any Dual-Boot soft to ignore WM ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re:

    I followed the tutorial to the letter but I blocked all the same.

    I have create 4 primary partition.
    FAT32
    EXT2 and 3x (300 mb)

    I get the package (htc-msm-linux-20111017_080427-package) that contains the zImage and modules-2.6.27.46-01356-gd4c73bd.tar.gz)

    I send all the SD (fat32)

    I run and I get to Haret calibration screen and then it stops nothing??

    But I do not see the message press the "Volume Down"
    ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I just do it.

    For those who have trouble I'll make a video this week with the tutorial.

    Ctmben;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm proceeding well until navigated to - install zip from sdcard. How can I chose this one on a Touch HD T8282 with no buttons unless Volume up/down?

    ReplyDelete
  10. just android logo dancing for how long will it take to boot?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How to configure my touch screen?
    I am using touch pro 2,but the touch screen is definitely not configured.I need to use keyboard to do anything on android OS.Could somebody help me?

    ReplyDelete